Sim.LED Multicolour, more to look at…
SIMEON Medical GmbH is setting new standards for theatre lighting with the new Sim.LED 5000/7000 MC:
– State-of-the-art patented and proven reflector design, together with the latest LED technology, provides an unmatched light efficiency: excellent color rendering index, deep cavity illumination and a unique homogenous field of view with 360° illumination
– A consistent high colour-rendering index of Ra>96 at any color temperature
– High quality materials and a unique design which provides comfortable adjustment options, a high level of positioning safety and a low heat output.
– Unique energy efficiency and power consumption
Each and every technical detail authenticates the strong individual character of S.I.M.E.O.N. concepts, and the determination to re-define surgical lighting…
Diamond Operating Table: A Class of its Own…
Schmitz und Soehne
Awarded the “red dot” for its high quality design, The DIAMOND surgical table from Schmitz und Soehne GmbH redefines a new dimension for surgical tables… Heavy-weight patients can be easily operated on safely, as the DIAMOND is able to support a load of 360 kg in all positions…
– Radiolucent table-top with stainless steel table frame construction, sandblasted, electropolished and disinfection-proof
– Electromotive adjustment of the prevalent table functions as well as the back rest, the leg plates and the leg supports allow an anatomically correct and comfortable patient positioning and intra-operative modifications on the position
– Optimal height-adjustment with its telescopic
– Surgeons enjoy plenty of leg room thanks to an ergonomically shaped lower section
– Hydraulic and electrical override to ensure continuous functioning of the table in any scenario
– Longitudinal and latitudinal adjustment of table-top to fine-tune table settings
– Chassis with 4 double castors, central-locking for great stability, firmness and exceptional safety
– 5th spring-loaded directional castor for ease-of-manoeuver
– Four batteries on system to supply sufficient energy for well over 100 surgical interventions
– Bluetooth “no-touch” wireless hand-held (or foot-pedal) control unit
The Future of Endoscopic Visualization Systems… Now
Richard Wolf GmbH introduces the ENDOCAM Logic® HD with ingenious flexibility and unprecedented versatility packed into a single endoscopic camera system:
– Pre-programmed with several application profiles that have been tested in clinical settings, Logic® HD also allow individual settings to be set to meet physician’s preferences
– The Autoclavable 3-CCD camera head produces Full 1080p High-Definition images with maximum clarity, brightness and detail…
– Possibility to capture and store HD images on USB stick, with option to print them.
– On-screen display for instant overview of the status from other devices such as flow/pressure rate from the insufflators… meaning that the surgeon can remain focused on the monitor
– Future-proof concept with easy software upgrade via USB stick
Cyber TM: Faster, Safer, Smarter
Among the different alternatives for treating Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia BPH, drug treatments and microwave therapies have presented solutions that need weeks to take effect and sometimes fail to provide the desired outcome. Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate TURP has become the golden standard for treating BPH but still it implicates an extended recovery time and hospital stay and may induce significant blood loss and complications like TURP syndrome. Unlike other LASERs which induce deep thermal necrosis and consequently unwanted side effects, the CYBER TM from Quanta Systems. SPA offers today’s urologist an effective, safe and versatile tool for treating BPH with immediate effect, long lasting outcomes that are as effective as TURP but with less complications, the patient can go home the same day often without even a catheter…
Water being the chromophore of the CYBER TM wavelength with one of the highest absorption rates of this high power LASER, vaporization maintains continuous effect, it is fast and precise while optical penetration stays real low (less than 0.2 mm). At the same time, this solution is highly efficient: on one hand, it reduces OR time and on the other hand, it is very affordable seen its low running costs compared to other LASER technologies.
Finally this solution is versatile. It is multidisciplinary, its learning curve is one of the shortest and within BPH treatment it is the only one to offer the surgeon the free choice between three LASER techniques of vaporization, vapo-resection and vapo-enucleation for an optimal individual treatment.
Uncompromised Exposure with the Thompson Retractor
The Thompson Retractor delivers uncompromised exposure to a variety of surgical specialties – one frame for all exposure needs.
– Strong and secure, for exceptional stability
– Quick Setup, with logical locking systems
– Independent adjustment of lateral arms, ensuring multi-planed retraction and unlimited customization
– One-piece locking joints – which facilitates attaching frame components.
With input from surgeons of varying disciplines (General, Bariatric, Transplant, Oncology, Spine, Cardiac, Plastic, Urology, Gynaecology…), Thompson’s retractor systems are leading the way in providing the visibility surgeons need to be successful and give them confidence to try new, improved procedures.
ASP Glosair 400
Johnson & Johnson ASP
Nowadays nosocomial infections or Hospital Acquired Diseases are not a secret anymore. This internationally recognized calamity affects 5 to 10% of hospital patients, visitors or staff in average and kills thousands of people all over the world. In the United States for example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated roughly 1.7 million hospital-associated infections causing or contributing to 99,000 deaths each year.
In all hospitals Infection Control specialists and all the medical personnel take drastic measures to fight against infectious sources through hand and skin hygiene, surfaces and instruments disinfection, air treatment, isolation measures, sterilization of instruments, linen and cloths but still deadly pathogens are not defeated yet. The missing link in disinfection measures may reside in the treatment of the environment especially the unreachable and difficult to reach surfaces. Glosair 400 from Johnson and Johnson ASP presents a new innovative
This solution has now been adopted by many international hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, food industries and even in schools to fight potential spreading of germs.
The disinfection cycle consists of 2 phases: the first is the spraying phase lasting from 6 till 45 minutes depending on the volume to disinfect and the second (of 2 hours) allowing the dry mist of disinfectant to occupy the whole volume with even and homogeneous concentrations, to stick on all kinds of germs (viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores) and to neutralize them. The product is non corrosive for all kinds of equipment and material, non toxic for humans (non carcinogenic) and biodegradable.
The results of the technology are amazing, it can disinfect up to eradication levels. And the whole process doesn’t take more than 2h 30mins.
Part of its balance assessment tools Otometrics presents ICS impulse. The head impulse test (HIT) provides quick, clear-cut ear specific assessment of the vestibulo-ocular reflex response to stimuli in the high-frequency range, the natural range of head movements. ICS Impulse from Otometrics is the world’s first HIT device to combine gold-standard accuracy with unrivaled patient comfort, enabling you to perform head impulse testing with inarguable results. Fast, simple and precise, ICS Impulse is recommended as the first step in analysis, helping to improve your workflow and spend more time on patient care.
By combining Head Impulse with Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials also available on Otometrics Chartr EP 200, you can test all five vestibular end organs for each ear: anterior, posterior, lateral semicircular canals, saccule and utricle. In less than 20 minutes, the clinician can obtain a full understanding of the peripheral vestibular function for each end organ of the labyrinth, and will be better equipped to determine the type of abnormality.
With increasingly ageing societies and the wide spread of modern neuro-pathologies like Alzheimer, dementia is a major public health problem. It has a devastating impact on people, families and society at large. There is evidence of high levels of unmet needs. Samir Hani Group in cooperation with different partners worldwide is thriving to present a complete solution for the environment of dement individuals.
Beds that ensure high comfort, decubitus prevention, advanced medical care positioning, full safety for dement people, incentives for self mobilization… All in a highly
esthetic homely aspect. Furniture with highly visible storage areas enabling easy access to the individual’s personal commodities. Memory boxes and familiar objects from the patient personal house and history to customize his space of living. Ergonomic toilet space and patient transfer systems throughout the whole area for better mobility of disabled individuals.
Everything is thought in its smallest details including materials, accessibility heights, colors and their incidence on the individual’s psychology and action.
Modular OR Construction
Trilux Medical Projects
Nowadays, the interior of medical centers construction follows strict requirements relating to shielding or hygiene purposes. Samir Hani Group proposes a complete solution for the design and execution of modular construction within the